Head of Sales
The Head of Sales is a hands on position with responsibility for driving profitable sales across all channels (retail, wholesale, ecommerce) maintaining and developing domestic and international markets for this luxury childrenswear brand. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in luxury fashion including childrenswear with a proven track record in developing and delivering a sustainable business strategy across all channels.
eCommerce, Retail & Wholesale - Strategy
- Develop, plan & execute an appropriate wholesale, retail and ecommerce strategy in line with the vision of the brand owner to drive growth and profitability whilst ensuring alignment of activities, taking ownership for implementation, planning and on-going review.
- Engage the target customer with the brand through customer acquisition and retention strategies.
- Work closely with the owner to develop business plans that strategically build account revenues.
- Run events in the flagship store.
- Own and execute the international sales strategy to maximise international market opportunities.
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing & eCommerce Manager on marketing programmes that drive sales in line with brand initiatives.
- Develop and propose annual eCommerce, Retail and Wholesale budgets, manage costs and take responsibility for the P&L, working with Finance to report and manage net revenue, costs and operational profit.
- Maintain and review all terms of agreement with retail and wholesale customers ensuring optimum distribution of the brand at the right market level.
- Ensure consistent communication with suppliers and customers in order to create a lasting impression amongst consumers to improve product sales and company growth.
- Feedback product and competitor information on regular basis.
- Ensure that all customer communication channels represent the brand proposition.
- Identify and present to the business, brand appropriate commercial opportunities as they relate to each project.
- Effectively convey messages in both written and verbal business development discussions.
eCommerce, Wholesale & Retail Relationship Building
- Build strong and effective relationships with key strategic retail partners and create a portfolio of customers to achieve business targets while managing costs in line with P&L and managing agreed KPI’s.
- Act as an Ambassador of the brand at all times both internally and externally.
- Develop strong relationships with major eCommerce retailers and major department stores and boutiques.
- Ensure product offer is optimised at all times and sales are maximised across all channels.
- Lead, motivate and manage a team of 7 in London ensuring effective and positive communication.
- Head of Sales with a strong background in domestic and international luxury fashion specialising in or including childrenswear.
- Multi-channel experience essential.
- Proven track record in devising and delivering a domestic and international sales strategy across wholesale, retail and ecommerce.
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Flexibility to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Ability to build positive and successful working relations at all levels of the business.
- Experience managing and successfully developing junior team members.
- Capability to manage multiple projects and tasks whilst maintaining a strategic approach.
- Polished and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- IT literate including MS Office.