The Assistant Buyer will be responsible for managing the luggage category within a well known general merchandise retailer.
The Client are an ever evolving GM retail business based in Canterbury. Known for their consistent innovation and product introductions this business has established themselves as market leaders in innovation and being at the forefront of market trends. With a very entrepreneurial culture this business values the solutions based and forward thinking approach and has open lines of communication from Director to entry level positions and everything in between.
As Assistant Buyer you will be responsible for
* Working with brands, to ensure best prices on continuity, seasonal and promotional products
* Create product range based on market trends and customer preferences to improve commercial performance of the category YOY
* Work alongside merchandising function to ensure the right amount of product is in the right place at the right time
* Optimise full price sales, and minimise promotional sales
* Create, develop and implement new product ranges
The Successful Assistant Buyer will
* Be highly commercial
* Have a background in retail buying, preferably having managed their own category
* Understand product life cycle
* Have great numerical and analysis ability
* Understand broader retail head office functions such as Merchandising, Supply Chain, Finance and Marketing and their role in the buying process
* Be able to commute to Canterbury on a daily basis
The Successful candidate will have the opportunity to hone their skills in a forward thinking, entrepreneurial retail environment. The salary will be between £30-40k depending on experience and ability