Our Client,a leading retailer of household furnishings, has an opening for a Furniture Technologist specialising in Furniture and Upholstery. An excellent opportunity to join a team of experts and contribute to a leading Brand. The role reports into the Technical Lead.
- To ensure Client’s products comply with identified standards in terms of safety, quality, durability, functionality and ease of assembly.
- To develop and deliver innovative products that perform, meet legal and statutory requirements and customer needs.
- To ensure that all factories conform to technical and ethical audit requirements
Furniture Technologist responsibilities include:
- The Furniture Technologist will all products are executed in terms of construction, fittings, means of production, finish, raw material, packaging, assembly instructions, labeling etc. to agreed quality and customer standards
- To provide all technical expertise to ensure that all technical and safety product characteristics are specified, appropriate and clearly documented. Ensure that products are fit for purpose, durable and safe.
- Produce full technical documentation to verify that each product is manufactured according to the agreed specification.
- Monitor any quality problems which occur with existing products ensuring a quick resolution to any issues.
- Regularly review and improve the quality of all aspects of the products in the range to agreed performance criteria.
- Undertake any specific projects in conjunction with the QA Lead Technologist and buying teams.
- Provide excellence in customer service to internal and external customers
- Ensure all factories used have an ethical and technical audit in place
- Have an understanding of chemicals and the REACH directive.
- Build strong relationships with suppliers and agents and ensure all information collated is fed back to the suppliers.
The ideal Furniture Technologist candidate will:
- Be able to cope with diverse workload and will need to work at pace
- Be able to use initiative at all times.
- Be Self-motivating, confident, and presentable and be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Have previous experience working as a Product Technologist in a Retail or manufacturing environment.
- Have a sound knowledge of the following of Furniture and Upholstery
Apply for Technologist, Furniture
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly