Head of Finance
7 days left
- Head of Department
The Head of Finance is a newly created position reporting into the board. The main focus is to provide strategic financial direction supporting the brand to achieve 3 and 5 year growth targets, already underway. The role will be hands-on in managing the day-to-day finance function including reconciliation of month and year end ledgers, stock and bank reconciliations, budget and forecasting, tax compliance, credit control, payroll and cashflow management working with the external accountant. The brand has an established and growing wholesale and ecommerce business, global stockists include Selfridges, Net-A-Porter, FarFetch, MyTheresa, Bergdorf Goodman and Joyce Hong Kong.
- Execute the strategic plan and provide continuous strategic direction from a financial perspective.
- Lead the budgeting process and engage department heads in continuous forecasting for the business.
- Regular meetings with each department to assess performance and guide any corrective processes to improve efficiency.
- Monthly review of management accounts ensuring all variances are investigated, highlighting business risk scenarios, opportunities and focusing on the impact on the business.
- Manage bank payments, cash management, sales reconciliations, credit control, bank reconciliations (investigating discrepancies), VAT, stock reconciliations, quarterly balance sheet reconciliations and Year End audit controls.
- Review of weekly pay run & monthly payroll.
- Credit control; ensure wholesale appropriately manage the deposit and pro-forma payments schedule, credit checks and chasing of debt.
- Ensure stock management is accurate and reconciled and stock count procedures are robust.
- Create robust cash flow forecasting models and monitor the variances regularly.
- Manage business working capital in junction with cash flow management and projections.
- Develop and implement strong management reporting tools, standards, and processes.
- Ensure effective controls are in place including compliance with regulatory tax legislation and reporting.
- Manage relationships with external stakeholders, including banks, insurance companies, HMRC and auditors.
- Continuously benchmark competitors and perform market analysis to identify industry best practises and integrate them into the business.
- Other ad hoc reconciliations and analysis as required to support the needs of the business.
- Attend board meetings with the Owner and MD.
- The ideal candidate will be CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified with 2-3 years PQE experience and have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the fashion industry ideally within womenswear luxury wholesale.
- Exceptional financial planning, organisational and management skills.
- Hands-on approach with the ability to multi-task and anticipate deadlines.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of bookkeeping and confident in financial management.
- Self-motived with excellent inter-personal skills.
- Highly organised and able to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision and under pressure.
- Fluent English with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Zedonk an advantage.