Our Client, a market leader of fast fashion is recruiting a Womenswear Product Technologist (Garment Technologist) who is looking to grow their career with a High Fashion Brand.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious candidate to develop their career within the fast fashion environment. Applicants must be self-starters, motivated and keen to develop with the Brand.
Purpose of role
- To ensure product developed and supplied to Client complies with Quality Assurance Standards.
- To work alongside buying teams, suppliers and key stakeholders to establish and maintain best practise and to meet the Client’s customer's expectations.
Product Technologist (Garment Technologist) responsibilities include:
- Understand and support delivery of the Client’s Departmental and Quality strategy to deliver the customer promise.
- Strong technical expertise to deliver quality products that are safe, legal and fit for purpose.
- Quality benchmarking of Client’s and key competitors for fit, quality and performance
- Working alongside the Compliance team to ensure the Quality Standards are in line with industry standards (Value/Volume retail).
- Demonstrates an understanding of the legal requirements for labeling
- Evaluating risk and ability to make commercial recommendations on quality priorities in a volume environment.
- Monitors the Returns Report to identify high returning styles/products, working with the supply base to resolve and improve future deliveries.
- Identifies risk suppliers/product for Pre-shipment and CFS inspection.
- Aware of emerging trends, innovations and legal requirements to proactively support product development.
- Through reporting (portal testing, store visits, pre-shipment inspections, returns and CFS reports) identify quality issues within the supply base and work with the buying teams and the Technical Product Lead to support solutions.
- Maintains regular updates to the supply base on Client’s quality standards
- Engages with Sourcing and Ethical to understand supplier performance.
- Identify opportunities where process efficiencies can be developed and drive cost savings
- Through regular, timely and robust communication promote and represent Quality Assurance within the department, facilitating a culture of continuous improvement.
- Through training and engagement with Buying and Suppliers, improve the sampling hit rate.
- Supports and delivers departmental updates and presentations both internally and externally
- Attends B&M department meetings representing Quality Assurance
- Demonstrates ability to influence Buyers, Controllers and Directors with their decision making regarding quality standards
Product Technologist (Garment Technologist) requirements
- Substantial and relevant experience as a Womenswear Garment Technologist / Senior Garment Technologist. Previous experience in Fast Fashion Retail is preferred but not essential
- A broad multi product technical knowledge with a proactive & innovative approach to Quality Assurance
- A sound commercial knowledge of product engineering, product costing’s and the production requirements in a fast fashion environment.
- Proficiency in managing and developing a global Supplier base
- An awareness of emerging trends and innovations to support development within their product area
- A strong fabric knowledge and skills to commercially evaluate product testing
- Self-motivation, drive and customer focus; the ability to work independently within a team environment and display high levels of commercial integrity is essential.
- Excellent time management , written and verbal communication skills are vital for this role
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin.