Senior Graphic Designer
This job is a Senior Graphic Designer, which is an all encompassing design role- working with Licensed goods, covering boyswear , girlswear mens and ladies. In addition to this, the role includes researching and implementing new Technololgies and ways of working to create commerical designs for customers and retailers.
With years of industry experience the client are industry leaders in Licensed apparel, and put innovation, quality and creativity and the forefront of their designs.
1. Mentoring the designers with design work and software skills.
2. Inspiring creativity throughout all design work.
3. Ensuring the Design team is aware of trends & improvements in both techniques & technology that are relevant to the business & assessing which will contribute to the business & its clients.
4. Produce product designs to be sold to retailers- in line with brand directions and fashion trends.
5. Meeting clients, licensors or account managers to discuss the objectives and requirements of design tasks.
6. Interpreting the needs of each client and develop a concept to suit their purpose.
7. Developing design briefs by gathering information and data through research.
8. Presenting finalized ideas and concepts to clients or account managers.
9. Contributing ideas and design artwork to the overall brief.
10. To monitor competitor's designs in the marketplace, to ensure that our designs are a far better standard, in all aspects, with a view to gaining industry reputation as being "The Best ".
11. Taking design concepts and make them ready for print. Improve Tidying up, fixing colours, typography, consistencies etc. This will be in the form of separations, high-res or tech packs for factories.
12. Producing packaging layouts for licenses ready for production.
13. Working closely with the in-house printers and designers to ensure graphics are being translated into prints in the most efficient, productive & economic way possible.
14. Working with the approvals department to ensure designs are approved for customer orders.
15. Managing customer design records and keeping up to date: ie marking CADs sold, amending customer design requests.
16. Coordinating customer buying samples
17. Planning priorities to ensure work is completed on time.
18. Acting as licensing franchise design contact for specific licenses (lead franchise designer) Downloading style guide updating, maintaining packaging and communicating licensing information to the team.
The successful candidate will have a number of years experience designing across Men's, Women's and Childrenswear, in addition to in depth experience and knowledge of working with Licensors and Designing Licensed goods.
Working with a successful and growing supplier, who are offering a competitive salary.