Footwear & Garment Technologist (Part Time/Consultant)
Birchwood Price Tools (BPT) is an innovative company which creates and brings to market premium brands aimed at improving the working day of Tradespeople predominantly in the Construction Sector. The Company’s flagship brand Scruffs, is one of the UK’s leading and most respected brands of workwear and safety footwear.
We work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. We take pride in what we do, listen and support each other as one team. Our team is brimming with creative and talented individuals and we remain at the forefront of our market thanks to our in-house product knowledge and brand marketing experience.
We’ve huge ambitions for 2019 and beyond, and we’re on the lookout for an experienced Footwear and Clothing Technologist, who is passionate about quality, technical performance and helping to deliver outstanding products to targeted consumers.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ideally 10 years experience in a similar role
- Footwear experience as a must and multi-product experience preferred
- Good footwear construction / pattern knowledge
- Knowledge of legislation, certification and testing standards related to safety footwear and PPE accessories
- Experience of sample management
- Experience of dealing with factory audits
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- A Commercial mindset, with a keen eye for detail
- The ability to think calmly and clearly under pressure
- A passion for excellence, bags of enthusiasm and a can do attitude
- A Degree in Garment Technology, Pattern Cutting, Clothing Design or similar is desirable
The role will involve:
As a key member of the Scruffs team, you will supporting our Category Managers to develop safe, legally compliant and high performance products, getting involved at all stages of the development process from initial design through to bulk production and shipment. You will also liaise with colleagues in our China sourcing office on aspects of quality management, from factory audits, to during production quality control and assurance. Other key aspects to this role will be to manage our end user wear trial and testing programme, monitor returns and manage any quality issues. No two days will be the same and with a fast growing brand both in the UK and internationally there will be plenty to get your teeth stuck into.
We are looking for someone who will work for us three or four days per week and are open to applications from candidates looking for a part-time position or consultant post, and can offer full flexibility around working hours.