This small but highly successful ladies clothing brand is looking for a specialist in garment technology as we develop and expand.
Based in Cheltenham in the West Midlands, the brand is on an impressive growth curve and is also established in Europe. We are looking to expand further and are passionate about working together, and driving forward with innovation. The working culture is about being open-minded, energetic, resilient, passionate, adaptable, visionary and above all versatile.
The Garment Technologist will be responsible for:-
- working with the designer(s) in UK and sometimes overseas, to analyse and resolve fabric, sizing and pattern issues
- carrying out technical investigative work to ensure our product is of the best standard
- fitting garments to a high standard, gathering and regularly communicating information to suppliers
- organising wearer trials to ensure garments perform well as well as look great
- checking of samples throughout development process
- communicating with external producers overseas as well as the internal team. Coordinating, maintaining the records of the production runs and sequence of orders from the suppliers.
We are looking for candidates with:-
- Minimum 2 years’ experience but will consider anyone available to the location
- thorough experience working with fabrics and garment construction methods
- knowledge of pattern cutting, grading and fitting
- full understanding of production methods
- knowledge of quality issues and problem-solving abilities
- excellent verbal and written communication across all levels
- great organisational skills, consistency and work ethic
- experience with Excel systems
- eye for detail
This is an amazing opportunity to work and travel with an exciting brand. In return for your hard work and commitment the company offers a generous salary and benefits package.
Apply for Garment Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly