Assistant Product Manager - Girlswear (HK)
A fantastic opportunity to join an exciting and dynamic sourcing office currently looking for an experienced Product Manager in their offices based in Hong Kong. Now is a great time to join this company who are passionate about the products they sell and passionate about fulfilling their customer’s needs.
The role will be to maximise Sales & Profit for your given area. This will be achieved by working closely with your in house design, UK buying and design teams, ensuring you have the most appropriate local manufacturers which will result in the best offer for the company.
Assistant Product Manager – Girlswear: The role
- Work with the UK Buying and Design teams to understand the needs of the Customer. Use this information and your understanding of the Product Offer from the Country/Region to develop strategies to grow the business.
- Stay updated with UK fashion trends and product directions. This will involve regular travel to the UK (and inspirational travel elsewhere) and constant communications with UK Buying and Design teams.
- Manage the product offer from the Country/Region. This will require developing a good understanding of local mills and garment makers in terms of their product range, prices and lead times. Develop strategies with them to offer the company a competitive edge.
- Work with the Merchandising and Technical teams within the local office to ensure the Product Offer is backed-up by excellent service and quality. In particular, development samples and price quotes must always be fast and accurate.
- Ensure Customer visits to the Country/Region are well prepared and that visitors are always impressed. Plan to visit the customer in UK minimum 3 times a year to offer new products from the country/region.
- Solve problems and deal with issues professionally and promptly as they arise.
Assistant Product Manager – Girlswear: The candidate
- Experience within Buying or Product Management with a strong creative and commercial background, very trend aware ideally having strong woven product knowledge for Girlswear.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels as well as strong relationship building skills.
- Have a thorough understanding of offshore sampling procedures, factory sourcing and critical path management.
- You will have a passion for product, be results driven, dynamic and an excellent team player.
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.