Our client is a very well established, privately owned supplier of accessories for mens, ladies and children's. They work with leading High St retailers and now have an exciting opportunity for a Product Technologist to join their Hosiery Team, based in Bedfordshire
Hosiery Technologist - The Role:
- Manage all technical elements across hosiery product.
- Manage the testing process, request and approve all products for production, working with the merchandising team to meet timescales for shipment.
- Liaise with customer technologists to amend/approve products to achieve required standards.
- Ensure all approval samples are filed in an organised manner.
- Approve product samples with customers and factories.
- Complete the required information on customers' on-line systems. Maintain contract seals & paperwork from factory and submit to customers
- Work with QA team in the Far East and UK teams to ensure all our factories meet and maintain customer standards.
- Work with factories to improve weak areas.
- Work alongside designers and product developers to introduce new products/factories/technical developments to met critical path deadlines.
- Ensure products supplied meet all requirements of legislation and quality specification;schedules/timescales met.
- Good working relationship with relevant customer contacts;product approval process runs smoothly.
- Contract seals submitted to customer in timely manner with all paperwork complete and records accessible
- Manage relevant aspects of the critical path and maintain all administrative systems.
Hosiery Technologist - The Candidate:
- Graduate in Textile Technology or equivalent qualifications.
- You must have a minimum of 2 years industrial experience gained in the manufacturing or retailing experience having been directly involved in fabric technology.
- Strong communicator.
- Prepared to travel to the Far East/Europe if required.
- A positive and motivated attitude.
Hosiery Technologist - The Package:
- Depending on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.