Alison Hayes is a fast-paced supplier to the high street.
We are looking for a Junior Designer with the ability to create impactful designs that will capture & sell our Company’s vision and meet customer requirement. You will work alongside a Senior Designer to build ranges and day-to-day task. For this role, you should be highly creative and have a sharp eye for detail, passionate about designs and eager to learn more through various projects.
- Support the design development process
- Order fabric & trims for first samples
- Manage sample preparation process prior to sample dispatch
- Liaise with factories and sample room to assist in garment constructions & prioritise sample deadlines.
- Update customers with sample arrival details
- Prepare & lead customer meetings
- Creating and developing design concepts and pitch creative ideas that enhances projects.
- Collaborate with team members to launch designs
- Sourcing & researching imagery and compile report for making trend boards.
- Upload all imagery and photograph and store in house library that can be easily accessible.
- Interpret the trends and translating them to the customer profile in a commercial way
- Ensure all designs jobs progress effectively and continuously deliver on deadlines.
- Ensure an in depth understanding of the target customers to ensure creative output is compelling, appealing and fit for purpose.
- Translate verbal ideas into visual concepts.
- Deliver tasks on time and correctly.
- Build strong relationships across the office and in particular with the factories and customers.
- Excellent CAD skills to create detailed specs for the design rooms.
- Ability to use Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Strong hand drawing skills is essential to create sketch pack for customers.
- Commercially aware of the latest trends.
- Candidate must have at least 1-2 years experience, working within the supply of womenswear Design.
- The ideal candidate will be a confident & a creative thinker
- Self-motivated and passionate individual in order to add value to the team.
- Great time management
- Excellent communication skills
- An excellent team player.
- The ability to support the Designer in building fashion forward, multi-product ranges, by sourcing newest trends on shapes and fabrics.
- Must have a good understanding of garment construction, to ensure samples are produced in time for tight customer deadlines.
- A pro-active and organised approach is needed when liaising with our factories.
- We are looking for someone who would want to develop within their role and the company