Junior Ladieswear Designer
We are excited to be exclusively working on this position for a Junior Ladies wear Designer, for a high-end fashion brand within a manufacturing business.
We are looking for a talent that wants to progress further, with great technical/drawing skills and passion for latest trends, to join this really great and successful ladieswear business.
Established over 50 years, it’s certainly one of the stable businesses out there, with offices not just in the UK, they design and manufacture ladies and childrenswear.
We are looking for a Junior Designer with the ability to create impactful designs that will capture & sell the Company’s vision and meet customer requirement. You will work alongside a Senior Designer to build ranges and day-to-day task. For this role, you should be highly creative and have a sharp eye for detail, passionate about designs and eager to learn more through various projects.
· Support the design development process
· Order fabric & trims for first samples
· Manage sample preparation process prior to sample dispatch
· Liaise with factories and sample room to assist in garment constructions & prioritise sample deadlines.
· Update customers with sample arrival details
· Prepare & lead customer meetings
· Creating and developing design concepts and pitch creative ideas that enhances projects.
· Collaborate with team members to launch designs
· Sourcing & researching imagery and compile report for making trend boards.
· Upload all imagery and photograph and store in house library that can be easily accessible.
· Interpret the trends and translating them to the customer profile in a commercial way
· Ensure all designs jobs progress effectively and continuously deliver on deadlines.
· Ensure an in depth understanding of the target customers to ensure creative output is compelling, appealing and fit for purpose.
· Translate verbal ideas into visual concepts.
· Deliver tasks on time and correctly.
· Build strong relationships across the office and in particular with the factories and customers.
Excellent CAD skills to create detailed specs for the design rooms. Ability to use Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator. Strong hand drawing skills is essential to create sketch pack for customers. Commercially aware of the latest trends. Candidate must have at least 1-2 years experience, working within the supply of womenswear Design.
· The ideal candidate will be a confident & a creative thinker
· Self-motivated and passionate individual in order to add value to the team.
· Great time management
· Excellent communication skills
· An excellent team player.
· The ability to support the Designer in building fashion forward, multi-product ranges, by sourcing newest trends on shapes and fabrics.
· Must have a good understanding of garment construction, to ensure samples are produced in time for tight customer deadlines.
· A pro-active and organised approach is needed when liaising with our factories.
· We are looking for someone who would want to develop within their role and the company
Please forward CV’s and 3 jpg’s along with your CV.
This is a really really exciting opportunity and we are looking forward to being able to send some of the best talent for this role.
We regret due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted
Apply for Junior Ladieswear Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly