1 day left
- Job Type
Our Client, a supplier of ladies & kids leather and synthetic footwear, supplying most of the leading retailers in the UK is looking for an experienced Footwear Technologist to join their team.
As a Footwear Technologist you will work closely with a team of merchandisers and technologists responsible for the process of sample and sealing from initial development through to pre production across ladies & kids footwear.
The Footwear Technologist will work across several product ranges, price levels across a wide customer base you will be working in a very fast paced environment.
- Working very closely with the Technical & Merchandising team, with regular communication with both Sales and Design teams.
- Daily liaising with our factories in Asia with regards to samples, quality assurance, testing and deadlines
- Daily contact with our customers, ensuring all queries are answered promptly and professionally.
- Reviewing incoming samples, ensuring quality and packing standards are met.
- Attend fit sessions / Customer meetings in London and around Leicester
- Create technical workbooks for our customers and our partners in Asia
- Managing Chemical & Physical testing
- Keep track of all steps in the sample sealing process
Our ideal candidate has:
- Previous experience in a technical and/or footwear role is essential
- Understanding of Leather, Pu, Textile, Outsole and other footwear materials
- Experience in footwear fitting and good understanding of lasts, moulds and patterns
- Advanced knowledge of testing and current legislation such as REACH, Prop 65 etc.
- Self motivated
- Excellent attention to detail and administrational skills
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritise
- The ability to solve problems and effectively communicate and follow up on corrective actions
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office (mainly Excel) and ability to adapt to different systems.
- Desire to learn and progress within the company
- Experience in the far East would be beneficial
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323 or visit our website at www.q-hq.com. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Apply for Footwear Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly