We have an exciting opportunity to join our high performing Own Brand team in the role of Technical Manager.
About the Role
Working with the Design Manager and Assistant Technical Manager, you will manage the development of clothing product designs from concept through to delivery.
Working with buyers and designers, the product developer will use clothing industry experience and technical understanding to source, sample, communicate and sign off products to meet timelines and category targets for sales and margin.
The product developer plays a key role in the development of our clothing ranges and is expected to demonstrate a commercial and strategic approach to maximizing the opportunities presented by Evans’ two clothing brands and position as leading multi-channel retailer in the UK cycle industry.
- Experience in technical or sports clothing development is essential.
- Experience of managing and inputting into timelines and managing projects to strict deadlines.
- Experience working with Excel for Critical Pathways, range planning and management of costs, BOMs etc.
- Illustrator and InDesign ability essential.
- Pattern cutting/making tools (for example Gerber).
- Experience of people management and training to develop the skills and ability Assistant Technical Manager
- Passion for cycling
We’ve come a long way from the local shop in Kennington Road, London in 1921. Back then we made our own bikes, and even won awards for the quality of our service. It was (and still is) all about knowledge, passion and value. These three things are still part of our DNA – we’re still a local bike shop, but now with nationwide stores and a huge online store that operates on a global scale.
We love to reward our colleagues for the passion and enthusiasm they put into what they do.
Here are some of our benefits that you can unlock…
Up to 28 Days Holiday per year (including Bank Holidays)
A Company Pension scheme
Fantastic Discounts on Bike Insurance and British Cycling Council Membership
The Yellow Jersey – our colleague of the month award
Free Entry to our RIDEIT Events
Access to your very own e-learning portal
On completion of your probationary period…
A Ride to Work Scheme (unsurprisingly)
Trade Discount on all of our products
Holiday Buy Back – buy up to 5 days’ additional holiday
After 6 months…
Health Shield, a cash back health plan