Head of Buying - Maternity Cover Childrenswear
Our client is an established high street retailer who is well regarded for delivering great value ladies, mens and childrens clothing. They are currently looking for a Head of Buying to join their business. Responsible for developing, sourcing and delivering a commercially focused range, whilst driving profit and enhancing the brand position. In addition, the Senior role will provide a bridge between the Buying department and the Buying Director. It will help drive consistency and best practice through training, communication and co-ordination of activities in order to create a centre of “buying excellence”
Head of Buying - Maternity Cover Childrenswear - The Role:
- To develop and deliver a divisional Buying strategy;
- Responsibility for identifying and setting a standard of excellence and best practice for buyers to strive for;
- Drives regular departmental product reviews, ensuring coordination across departments in terms of themes, looks and colour palettes;
- Responsibility for ensuring that the product reflects the brand strategy and that the range development is without gaps or duplication
- Responsibility for developing and maintaining an in-depth, customer focused knowledge of varying markets and trends;
- Establishes key relationship with Design and QA, in order to actively develop brand "handwriting‟ and communicate key product direction and trends;
- Ensures that the correct level of newness/fashionability is present, and that volume lines are maximised and „moved on‟ at the appropriate time;
- Works with Senior Buyers to analyse supply base, in order to identify risks and opportunities and to develop solutions and/or make recommendation as appropriate.
- Leading, managing and motivating teams to achieve all Company and divisional KPI‟s;
- Attend commercial & trading meetings as required;
- Analyse trading patterns and takes responsibility for communicating findings to the team
- Works in conjunction with the merchandising team to monitor and control trade, in order to ensure stock turn, margin targets and profit levels are achieved;
- Reacts to trade on an on-going basis to maximise sales and limit risk to the business;
- Meet agreed deadlines for the Visual Merchandising calendar.
Head of Buying - Maternity Cover Childrenswear - The Candidate:
- Strong experience as a buyer of multi-product categories within the value sector
- The ideal candidate needs to already be operating at 'Head of' level and have a strong career in buying across multiple product categories ideally childrenswear
- Critical path management and margin optimisation
- Knowledge of garment construction and manufacturing methods
- Negotiation/influencing skills
- Experience in budget & project management
- Effective people management, team building and strong communication skills
- Confident presentations skills with excellent attention to detail
Head of Buying - Maternity Cover Childrenswear - The Package:
- Competitive, dependant on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.