Quality Assurance Manager
Our client is the leading UK manufacturer of commercial fabrics. After continued steady growth they have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance Manager for their Yarns division. The candidate who must enthusiastic and keen to help drive this expanding business forward. This candidate ensure that the yarn products meet established quality standards and specifications, working closely with both customers and suppliers to ensure yarn delivered is fit for purpose, had the required tests carried out and is within acceptable parameters.
Quality Assurance Manager - The Role:
- Effective day to day management of the Quality Control Team. Manage, motivate, coach and develop your team to enable them to succeed in all aspects of their role.
- Develop and maintain a robust quality control procedure for yarn and raw materials to ensure the highest quality standards are consistently met, including executing technical approvals and validation of yarn before dispatch to customers.
- Provide training and technical support to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify and mitigate materials outside of specification by working closely with the Production Managers and Suppliers.
- Ensure testing schedules are met and logged on the database to allow easy retrieval.
- Manage non-conforming material reports for internal and external parties, ensuring the best outcome. Inform supplier and ensure appropriate action is taken and validated.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the company quality assurance system 9001:2008
- Lead cross-functional project teams to investigate the root cause of non-conformances, identify and ensure implementation of corrective and preventative actions to identify and ensure implementation of corrective and preventative actions to continuously improve quality. Monitoring the effectiveness of these actions.
- Audit new and existing suppliers to ensure the business's quality expectations are clearly communicated, measured and met.
- Manage the business's yarns cost of poor quality to reduce the cost per kilo of yarn produced and improve customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with the Business's Fabrics Quality Management Team to ensure their expectations are met in full.
Quality Assurance Manager - The Candidate:
- Degree in Textile Technology, Engineering and/or Chemistry
- Technical knowledge of production techniques and testing standards within the yarn manufacturing industry.
- Experience in a quality assurance management role.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Confident and assertive when dealing with internal and external suppliers/customers
- Friendly calm and professional manner.
- Decision making skills
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Planning and organisational skills
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills.
- Self motivated and ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise tasks and apply urgency as needed
- Able to handle pressure.
- Full, clean driving licence.
Quality Assurance Manager - The Package:
- Competitive salary offered.
Please note, due to anticipated interest in this role, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.