Head of Quality - Denim
Our Client is one of the oldest first generation factories in Bangladesh with over 35 years of operations. They operate a 30 line Jeans and Woven manufacturing unit near Savar, EPZ, Bangladesh and work with some of the leading brands internationally. The factory is in the same complex as the company’s washing plant which is one of the leading denim laundries in Bangladesh.
The Company is looking for some new spirit in its developments and seeking qualified individuals who can bring innovation to the sector.
With Bangladesh apparel exports targeted to $50 Billion by 2021 our Client is investing considerably,
restructuring its’ operations and capacity building towards this development. As part of this initiative they are recruiting a Head of Quality Assurance / Quality Control – Denim Jeans for their Factory. An excellent opportunity for an experienced individual to bring their experience and knowledge to a dynamic and progressive organisation.
Reporting to the COO the Head of Quality Assurance / Quality Control is responsible for all quality activities from fabric intake to finished goods shipment. To solve all quality issues for trims, fabrics,cutting, sewing, finishing, AQL audit. Communicate with customers on any technical issues, claims,corrective action and follow up. Responsible for Quality Management Systems and product safety audit.
- Ensure the operations teams align with organization’s standard procedures and processes, continue to monitor and develop processes, operations and standards to improve efficiency.
- Define initiatives to enhance technical services
- Set goals of the team and monitor performance against KPI's, defining and implementing corrective action plans to make sure efficiency and effectiveness
- Monitor key critical path deadlines and ensuring they are being met.
- Manage vendors and factories performance; provide performance visibility for strategic sourcing and manufacturing decision.
- Direct continuous team development and succession planning
- Define training program for technician's functions including fitting techniques, pattern corrections and garment constructions.
- Streamline sample process and procedure to shorten samples lead time and cost
- Lead fit consistency and provide recommendation for fit and workmanship improvements
- Review standard of garment measuring manuals, grading rules, pattern blocks and construction standards
- A degree in clothing, textile or related subject is preferred.
- Strong leadership skills are essential and proven experience managing and developing a technical team
- Ability to manage change and develop innovated working approach in the team.
- Strategic, results orientated mind-set and business acumen
- Strong understanding of garment fit procedures along with pattern making and garment
- Extensive experience in technical fit, preferably with denim wear
- Experience working with Buying/Sourcing offices in a similar role. Experience on working in Bangladesh preferred
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323 or visit our website at www.q-hq.com. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.