Garment Technologist - Denim
Our Client is one of the oldest first generation factories in Bangladesh with over 35 years of operations. They operate a 30 line Jeans and Woven manufacturing unit near Savar, EPZ, Bangladesh and work with some of the leading brands internationally. The factory is in the same complex as the company’s washing plant which is one of the leading denim laundries in Bangladesh.
The Company is looking for some new spirit in its developments and seeking qualified individuals who can bring innovation to the sector.
With Bangladesh apparel exports targeted to $50 Billion by 2021 our Client is investing considerably, restructuring its’ operations and capacity building towards this development. As part of this initiative they are recruiting a Garment Technologist– Denim for their Factory. An excellent opportunity for an experienced individual to bring their experience and knowledge to a dynamic and progressive organisation.
The Garment Technologist will work closely with design and production teams and will have overall responsibility for the development of garments from order through to Production ensuring they perform to customer spec and quality. This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled garment technologist with expertise in fit, sizing, garment construction pattern making and CAD.
• Preparing, assessing and fitting samples prior to sending to the buyer.
• Internally fit product for all self-approving Customers and reporting back to the department Garment Technologist.
• Managing customer fit sessions to ensure accuracy of information and product.
• Providing clear instructions to factories with amendment images/drawings.
• Managing test reports and working with production team to improve standards. Approving fabric testing and care labels.
• Managing product development in line with Clients’ critical path- monitoring and updating product status.
• Handling risk assessment of all new orders and raising
• Checking fabrics and trims on Production Samples to ensure they are within approved quality and appearance.
• Organizing weekly sampling meetings with Production Manager and Merchandisers.
• Relevant experience working as a Garment Technologist in multi-product denim bottoms
• Excellent eye for detail and knowledge of denim wash
• A good Understanding of CAD systems
• Excellent pattern and fitting skills
• A sound understanding of supplier procedures, the critical path process
• The ability to confidently attend and contribute to Client fit meetings and manage follow up procedures.
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323 or visit our website at www.q-hq.com. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Apply for Garment Technologist - Denim
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly