Pattern Cutter- Ladies Soft Separates
A unique opportunity has arisen to work for my client, who is one of the largest ladieswear suppliers to many of the high street retailers across the UK and Europe.
They are actively recruiting an experienced Pattern Cutter for ladies soft separates who has had experience working on Lectra or Gerber CAD systems.
This is a contract role to be based in the head office of a major retailer in the North West of England for a few months then required to travel to the factory in India to train pattern cutters to interpret designs in the correct manner for the customer.
To be considered for this role you must be an experienced Pattern cutter who can work on a contract basis for a minimum of 6 months of which latterly 3-4 months will be based in India.
Main Responsibilities will include :
- Working in conjunction with other members of the technical team.
- Creating first patterns from sketches.
- Interpreting fit comments and translating into pattern amendments, ensuring final garment are as required on spec.
- Pattern Cutter will be required to produce patterns manually as well as make any amendments to existing patterns.
- Train pattern cutters in clients factory base in Delhi and train them on best practice and how to interpret to correct standards.
Person Specifications :
- Several years' experience working for a supplier.
- Strong eye for attention to detail and solid garment construction knowledge.
- Experienced Pattern Cutter on Ladies soft separates, knowledge of semi tailored wear advantageous.
- Lectra or Gerba experience required.
- Able to work in North West of England as well as be prepared to work in Delhi (India).
- Available for at least 6 month contract.
- Confident to train others.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet the goals.
- Proactive and good in find solutions.
- Full understanding of the garment construction.