Senior Fabric Technolgist 9 month fixed term contract Maternity
Senior Fabric Technologist 9 month FTC Maternity
Retailer on Childrenswear
Attractive Salary and Benefits Package
9 month’s fixed term contract
Our client is one of the UK’s leading high street retailers. The role will be liaising with Design and Buying, developing product from the initial design concept through to production.
They are currently looking to recruit an experienced Fabric Technologist minimum of 5 years on a fixed term contract of 9 months.
In this role, you will:
- Work with the fabric trend teams to deliver the fabric strategy, driving commercial benefit in line with the design and innovation brief.
- Keep abreast of the latest technology trends in materials, fabric,print techniques and feed then in to the product development, design process.
- Manage the achievement of performance / testing requirements.
- Develop manage and co-ordinate with Uk team, suppliers and sourcing office to deliver to our standards and resolve any issues.
- Following up bulk fabric test reports
- Managing chemical compliance and ethical issues.
- Maintain a knowledge of changes in legislation on fabric.
- Testing fabric to ensure it meets the required standards and initiating testing to ensure fabrics are fit for purpose.
- Childrenswear would be desirable but not essential.
For this Role
- Excellent fabric knowledge with experience in a relevant retail or supplier environment on apparel or childrenswear.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Pro-active and able to work on own initiative
- Good communication and strong IT skills.
- A confident decision maker with a strong commercial understanding and application
- Used to working and delivering in a fast-paced environment, accurately and with attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of safety and legal requirements.
- Experience in managing test reports/ fabric performance.
- Experience in working with overseas suppliers and factories and mills.
I can have a discussion about the role for this 9-month fixed term contract which is offering a Senior Salary and Benefits package.
Please send CV today and or call Jan Neil 07722007606
Apply for Senior Fabric Technolgist 9 month fixed term contract Maternity
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly