Our Client, who operates an exclusive and highly successful business model has a vacancy for a Production Manager to join their innovative team and work with two contemporary and inspirational Designer Womenswear Brands.
As the Brands enter a new sector of the market there is an opportunity for an experienced Production Manager to manage the entire production process and closely support the teams for their first and following seasons.
This is a broad role which will involve all aspects of production including technical packs, critical path management, process implementation and line planning.
Each Brand will require a bespoke production and merchandising plan tailored to their immediate and future needs. The Production Manager will be responsible for the implementation of this bespoke plan utilizing the existing talent and tools available or direct involvement and training of individuals within the brands.
This is a high profile position reporting into the Licensing & Production Director. The role offers an excellent opportunity for an experienced Production Manager who understands the entirety of, and how to resolve, the challenges of a start-up fashion business.
Key Responsibilities include
• Plan seasonal allocation based on technical capability, volume, capacity, margin targets and supplier performance
• Develop and maintain exceptionally strong relationships with nominated factories and mills
• Handover production technical packs, BOMs and POs to nominated factories as and when required
• Responsible for the on-time raising of POs and on time delivery of stock, including identifying potential delivery issues during the product creation process
• Partner with the designers of each brand to identify and manage seasonal counter-sourcing or new categories sourcing needs and act accordingly in finding these
• Ensure implementation of the Critical Path and guide brands on best practice
• Work with manager to finalize all garment and material contracts
• Financial control of all invoices
• Work closely with the Operations Team to allow seamless cash flow management and
• Create Supplier Manual and manage QC process and external parties. QC as and when required.
• Help build the range plan through the close analysis of sales and product performance data
• Maintain Range documentation per brand
• Provide target costing to the design team at line planning stage based on margin targets, forecast volume, chosen vendor & previous seasons
• Record seasonal raw material excess and actively drive projects utilise this
Experience and skills
• Relevant experience within a sourcing / production / supply chain role, within the fashion or sportswear industry.
• Entrepreneurial and a natural problem solver with a track record of working in fashion start-ups across different departments
• Strong analytical skills with numerical dexterity and highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Solid understanding of margin levers and a track record of margin improvement.
• Equally comfortable working autonomously and remotely from factories as well as responding to strict instructions
• Detail oriented with strong follow- through
• Excellent communication and networking skills
• Ability to design and implement change
• Proactive, dynamic interpersonal style, able to act between different departments in a diplomatic, non-confrontational manner.