Merchandiser - Award Winning Interior Design Brand
Join this award winning and rapidly growing English interior design brand as their dynamic, entrepreneurial, passionate Merchandiser. A unique opportunity to truly make an impact, implement new ideas and ultimately drive the merchandising department forward.
- Liaising with the buying team to introduce new product ranges - planning the prices, margins and spend strategies
- Opining team on key performance targets and budgets
- Co-ordination with suppliers to place orders, manage intake, decide lead times, prices and payment terms
- Organising import for stock globally (especially India)
- Identifying production, supply and logistical difficulties - dealing with any issues or delays as they arise
- Acquiring and retaining positive relationships with suppliers
- Contact with the external warehouse team ensuring they have all information and materials required for proficient and well-timed intake
- Retaining awareness of competitor activity and challenges to retail market
- Creating forecasts for sales, stock and fulfilment to support business financial planning
- Maximising stock potential and reducing risk - organising markdowns and planning profitable exit plans for poor performers
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Strong numerical and data analysis skills
- Experience within a retail Merchandising role
- Impeccable eye for detail
- Experience of organising ranges, buying product, managing intake, performance reporting and planning markdowns
- Ability to self-allocate and take instruction
- Experience working with global importing
- Ability to balance short and long-term objectives and can meet deadlines within a team
- Salary up to £26k
Due to the high volume of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Connect with us! Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to hear about our latest job opportunities and more.