Knitwear Designer - Womenswear Supplier
A new role has arisen with my client, a leading Knitwear Supplier who provides trend led product to the majority of the UK High Street. We are currently recruiting a Knitwear Designer to join their Head Office, based in Central London.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and meticulous technical designer to join the team. You must have trend and commercial driven hand writing, with at several years' experience within the UK and European markets.
Main Responsibilities Will Include :
- Strong interpretation of trends into commercial designs.
- Working closely with suppliers, buyers and technologists to develop strong, commercial products, within cost.
- Thorough understanding of the market, your accounts, their competitors and their requirements when designing product.
- Gathering & using relevant internal and external information to drive product and range development for the customer.
- Following product development through with PD teams.
- Constantly developing newness and emerging trends.
- Ability to present product to clients and conduct customer meetings independently.
Person Specifications :
- At least 4 years of Knitwear experience, having a deep knowledge and understanding of specialist stitch-by-stitch knitwear software and techniques.
- Extensive CAD skills and has a strong knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience working with Bangladesh is essential.
- Must have a flare for trend focused fashion fabrications and key styles.
- Able to work under own initiative and as well as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate confidently at all levels.
- Good teamwork and inter-personal skills
Please send examples of your work with your application