A very exciting opportunity has arisen to come and join one of the UK’s fastest-growing womenswear brands in North London.
They are looking to recruit a strong and dynamic Assistant Merchandiser to play an important role in their Wholesale Team. You will hold excellent numerical and analytical skills, combined with great organisation and understanding of commercial awareness. You will also need to demonstrate a good understanding of Excel and be able to produce regular weekly and monthly stock and sales reports.
Working as our Assistant Merchandiser, you will plan and trade the wholesale channel, in order to maximize margin, whilst achieving availability and stock targets.
Assistant Merchandiser - The Responsibilities
- Formulating a commercial strategy that will deliver choice to the customer and dovetail into the category range building process.
- Working with head of wholesale closely based on Internet performance analysis, you will construct a balanced commercial range which includes taking responsibility for wholesale and concessions buying quantities.
- Building annual budgets and creating weekly phased plans for sales, margin and markdown.
- In season, creating and managing forecasts for sales, margin and markdown, and communicating Internet expectation to the category merchandisers.
- Via critical paths, managing Internet launch, ensuring appropriate initial hidden stocks are set up.
- Ensure performance is reported appropriately and recognize opportunity/risk, instigating stock adjustments to drive sales and margin.
- Responsible for sales and profit planning own seasonal range planning meetings with the Buyer and present plans with clear rationale
- Provision of weekly reporting pack to include WSSI information
- Monitor stock positions and trading performance of all options
- Input into weekly Stock and Sales meeting to discuss relevant issues
- Provide ongoing analysis of the buy, price point, colours, margin, etc
- Manage gross and net margin through markdown management
- Team management - responsible for coaching and development of MAA
- Act as a role model to junior members of the retail team and lead by example.
- Ad hoc projects
Assistant Merchandiser - The Person
- The role will require at least 2 years’ experience in a similar fashion position
- Hold a Degree or equivalent qualification across Fashion, Buying or Design related studies
- The ability to negotiate and build relationships easily both within Merchandising and cross-functionally.
- Ability to be agile and multitask in a fast paced environment
- Ability to be able to work in a top line manner as well as support at a more detailed level
- Excellent Excel skills, highly analytical, strong numerical skills
- Strong organisation skills and forward planning, prioritisation and communication skills
- Excellent problem solver and decision maker – always focusing on solutions
- Strong communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- A self-motivator who is enthusiastic and keen to progress and develop
- Active team player who constantly contributes and supports other members
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Confident and self-motivated
- Strong commercial awareness
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.