Ladies Outerwear Designer
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of the UK’s top outerwear manufacturers. Working with some excellent names on the UK high street, they have an immediate opportunity for an experienced Outerwear Designer.
You will constantly keep you finger on the pulse in terms of trend and competitor research, and be able to design fashion forward outerwear for the desired customer, whilst keeping the product within pricing parameters.
Ladies Outerwear Designer – The Role
- Working closely with retail buyers and designers to deliver best-selling and innovative commercial designs.
- Researching and identifying trends & predictions for styles, colours, fabrics and features. Keeping abreast of competitor and market intelligence.
- Produce seasonal mood boards, designs and development samples.
- Working as part of global team to develop product and ensure cost, aesthetics of product and fit, to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Manage the critical path process for design and development ensuring all samples meet the customer requirements.
Ladies Outerwear Designer - The Person
- Previous experience in ladies outerwear design is essential.
- Good knowledge of working with different fabrics & qualities, with the ability to be creative within price points.
- A good understanding of garment construction.
- Confident communicator.
- Familiarity with Illustrator and Photoshop with the ability to hand draw.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, delivering complete and accuracy information to factories and customer.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to –
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
Apply for Ladies Outerwear Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly