Our Client, one of the UK most respected Brands/Retailers renowned for their quality, are recruiting for a senior position, responsible for all compliance both Environmental and Chemical across Apparel and Textiles.
This important strategic position will be reporting to a Technical Director and has an operational and strategic scope and key in supporting business decisions in an ambassadorial capacity.
- Evaluate the performed chemical tests on products in the shoe, accessories and textile areas.
- Lead the selection of relevant chemical tests for all products.
- Responsible person for the internal brands support and external laboratories communication to ensure a smooth process with all relevant stakeholders.
- Share planning tests with suppliers and third parties.
- You will pursue open cases and communicate with interfaces.
- Provide input to senior managers, Business Unit Leaders for the seasonal quality checks and suppliers evaluation.
- Responsible for projects and for the preparation of manual guides.
- You will work closely together with product teams, laboratories, quality checks teams and suppliers.
- You learned your skills during a successful technical university degree in the clothing or leather field or comparable qualification (textile / industrial / chemical engineer) Understanding ZDHC, SAC, Higg.
- You've have been working for at least 5 years in the quality safety, product safety for textiles and shoes, laboratory assistance or similar and built up a wealth of knowledge for yourself.
- You really know your way around European restrictions and legal provisions on the topics product safety, product compliance and sustainability.
- You possess a good understanding for chemical fundamentals and standards.
- Technical knowledge and assertiveness with supplier communication belong to your strengths.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Your very good analytical and problem-solving skills are second to none.
- A good understanding of Textile Dyeing and finishing.
- Work and understand a fast-changing environment.
- As part of an international team, communicating with your colleagues and also with external stakeholders and NGO’s.
Apply for Compliance Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly