Product Category Manager
Who are Fanatics International?
Headquartered in Ancoats, Manchester, we are a global eCommerce business with over $2 billion in sales, and backed by a number of top tech investors. As an omnichannel retailer, we support hundreds of partners in football, rugby, golf, US sports and motorsports.
Being the global leader in licensed sports products we work with major brands such as Adidas, Nike, Puma, Umbro and Under Armour, and are changing the way fans purchase their favourite team merchandise.
Internationally, Fanatics also delivers global leadership in events, city centre and in-venue retail; providing expertise at leading football stadiums, including MCFC, Everton and at events such as F1 and the Ryder Cup.
What does a Category Manager do?
Grows profitable vertical penetration of Fanatics Branded products by creating product propositions that are desirable to the end consumer. Leads in the development of short to medium term category strategies & range plans that drives sales growth across multi-channels and international markets. This role is critical in the planning and execution of consumer-led ranges that are compelling to our license partners, multi-channel retailers and shoppers and deliver against our business commercial targets, strategic priorities and positioning.
Your main responsibilities in this role will be as follows, although this list is not exhaustive.
- Highlight opportunities for growth within the category as part of the seasonal strategic planning process.
- Determine range roadmap and product solutions that deliver the business & Fanatics Branded product strategy.
- Accountable for annual & seasonal plans including range architecture, RRP hierarchy, SCO count & productivity, product mix, product segmentation and margin to meet agreed business objectives.
- Propose appropriate range architecture and positioning based on deep understanding of consumer and competitor landscape, product and feature benchmarking and business strategy
- Ensure cross-functional teams deliver all concept to consumer milestones aligned to the seasonal critical path, including approval of products by the external Partnership teams.
- Extensive category experience and understanding of the broader market.
- Strong analytical & numerical experience and skills.
- Strong understanding and appreciation of the end to end concept-to-consumer (C2C) process.
- Excellent project management skills to ensure the team are adhering to timelines.
- Understands how to gain and translate consumer needs into product.
- Strong presentation & communication skills.
- Proven influencing skills at all levels of the business and especially with cross-functional teams
This a great opportunity to join our fast-paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial business and these are some of the benefits you can expect as an employee.
- Working with world leading sports clubs and sports brands
- Brand new modern office
- Working within a growing, fast-paced and forward-thinking business
- On-site free bar and pool table
- Birthday day off
- 40% staff discount
- Countrywide Theme Park discounts
- Free onsite Bootcamp fit class
- Bike to work scheme
To discuss this role further and be part of our ambitious growth plans, please get in touch with the recruitment team
Apply for Product Category Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly