Senior Weave Designer/Textile Designer
Senior Weave Designer/Textile Designer - The Role
- Trend research and Directional shopping
- Trade shows and working with the mils to develop new fabrics, finishes and treatments.
- Comp Shop and competitor analysis
- Design and develop fabric ranges across all products in the business from concept to finished cloth
- Prepare presentations and confidently lead meetings
- Manage the critical path, key sign offs and intake dates to ensure development runs smoothly
- Approval of yarns, fabric handlooms and colour standards.
Senior Weave Designer/Textile Designer – The Candidate
- Degree in Textiles or similar
- Previous experience in a similar role working hands on with Mills.
- Creative flair and eye for colour
- Extensive knowledge of woven bases and weave structures
- Knowledge of costs and ability to develop product to fit price points
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to - firstname.lastname@example.org
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
Apply for Senior Weave Designer/Textile Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly