Raw Material Engineering Manager (textiles)
Exciting opportunity to join a global brand seeks to recruit an experience Fabric Technical Manager with proven manufacturing experience. To manage and develop raw materials within the upstream technical development phase, whilst adhering to the critical path and business strategy.
Raw Material Engineering Manager - The Job Outline
- Provide real time technical expertise for elevated luxury products that align with the design and technical development teams
- Assessment of capabilities and capacities, of existing and new raw material suppliers
- Lead strategic technical developments, through value engineering and enhanced technology
- Expert knowledge on material construction analysis and interpretation
- Identify opportunities that support pricing and sourcing strategy
- Adherence to critical path to ensure timely delivery of new products
- Execute technical approvals and validation of materials specifications and standards
- Mitigate product risk for new materials
- Hold suppliers accountable to materials specifications, processes performance and standards
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of latest government regulations, restrictions, safety protocols and performance standards for raw materials & finished good
- Build relationships with experts in industry, academia, and trade associations to keep up to date on Technology and Product advances in Apparel & Accessories
- Build partnerships with leading partners in the Industry
Raw Material Engineering Manager - Person Specification
- Fabric Technical, Textile Engineering Degree in Materials and/or Chemicals is preferred
- Experience with leather an advantage.
- Knowledge of production techniques and testing standards within the Apparel industry
- Experience in leading technical developments
- Proven record in Industrialization of new products
- Knowledge of fibres and yarns
- Proven record of experience in working closely with design teams
- Global knowledge of suppliers and textile service providers
- Understanding of the textile industry and have worked closely with mills and manufacturing sites
- Great communication skills
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.