Fantastic opportunity has arisen to join an exciting and well established British business within their rapidly expanding clothing team. My client is looking for an outgoing, proactive individual to join the team, to focus on the product development of lifestyle clothing for men and women for their multi product brand.
Ideal candidate will come with a varied experience within the clothing industry as this position is very hands on; as well as product development your role will also cover some technical aspects and there is some cross over into merchandising. Basically I need someone who will roll up their sleeves and be involved with the products journey from concept to creation.
Product Developer – The Role:
Working under the Product Manager you will be taking the garment from the initial concept through the development process to the bulk shipment stage including AQL and all quality points to ensure that the end product is fit for purpose. Your role is product development combined with a number of technical elements:
- Working closely with the design team you will source fabrics to develop the style concept as required, considering costs/margins.
- Chase all prices at each stage of the process.
- Working with senior developers to place the style at the appropriate source.
- Maintain and manage the critical path process, ensuring all details are kept up to date
- Liaise directly with suppliers / factories
- Build strong relationships and communication within other business departments.
- Identifying and sourcing new technologies / ways of working
- Ensure all fabrics, components and trims are compliant to the correct quality standards
- Approve lab dips and bulk fabrics
- Create tech packs, BOMs, size charts
- Maintain garment fits, blocks, and grade rules for consistency across the brand products
- Liaise with all supply bases for on time deliveries.
- Maintain test reports
- Arrange and conduct fit sessions with the relevant team members and design
- Ensure that all quality points of the garment are achieved to ensure that the garment is fit for purpose
- Attend weekly team meetings
Product Developer – The Candidate
- Looking for a candidate with a background in product development and/or as a garment technologist. Candidates with merchandising experience will also be considered.
- Ideally looking for someone with 3+ year’s industry experience working within apparel.
- A background is casualwear, leisurewear or active/sportswear would be advantageous.
- Must be a team player whilst being able to work individually using own initiative
- Knowledge of fabric construction is very important
- Must have experience dealing with offshore suppliers/manufacturers and solid experience of managing a critical path.
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.