Senior Garment Technologist - seamless activewear
This phenomenally successful fitness clothing brand is looking for specialists in sportswear garment technology as they expand their product team with the addition of a Senior Garment Technologist to have responsibility for their seamless product area.
Based in the Midlands, the brand is on an impressive growth curve and are looking to expand further internationally – they are passionate about working together, respecting each other and driving forward with innovation. The working culture is about being open-minded, energetic, resilient, passionate, adaptable, visionary; there is real opportunity for significant career progression for candidates who share these values.
The Garment Technologist teams are responsible for:-
- working with the materials development team to analyse / resolve fabric issues
- carrying out technical investigative work to ensure product is of the best standard
- fitting garments to a high standard, gathering and communicating information to suppliers
- ensuring sealers are on time and in line with critical path
- organising wearer trials to ensure garments perform well as well as look great
- checking of samples throughout development process
- communicating with external and internal teams
- Senior Garment Techs will also be inspiring, motivating and managing their teams
We are looking for candidates with:-
- 4-5 years’ experience working with seamless garments
- thorough experience working within sportswear fabrics and garment construction methods
- knowledge of pattern cutting, grading and fitting
- full understanding of production methods
- knowledge of quality issues and problem-solving abilities
- excellent verbal and written communication across all levels, internal and external
- great organisational skills
- experience with PLM systems
- eye for detail
This is an amazing opportunity to work within an exciting brand in a brand new purpose-built spacious headquarters. In return for your hard work and commitment the company offers a generous salary and benefits package – assistance with relocation is applicable to senior roles.