Product Development Manager
Our Client, who operates an exclusive and highly successful business model has a vacancy for a Product Development Manager to join their innovative team and work with 4 contemporary and inspirational Designer Brands. This is unique position for a Product Development Manager with experience working in the luxury designer sector.
The role would suit a contemporary, forward thinking and detail orientated Product Development Manager with the skills to manage priorities and workload across several successful and emergent Brands.
The role has great scope for development and excellent future prospects.
- Manage the Development Process of Brands, ensuring all work is managed according to priority and critical path procedures
- Working with Senior Management and Designers for each Brand, bring expertise and knowledge to the Product Development Process
- Manage range presentation in Range Review meetings. Ensure all information is prepared, available and presented in a complete manner to both the company and factories.
- Manage prototypes and size sets before fitting to ensure they conform to size and construction specifications.
- Maintain consistency of quality and fit with each Brand and across suppliers and throughout the product range
- 100% accurate development documentation for nominated fabrics and components, including specs, lab dips, test reports, commercial sheets, headers and proto notes.
- Ensure the Design department works to the critical path.
- Collect and communicate information (e.g. Commercial Sheets) and any product related issues to all relevant stakeholders.
- Update development trackers and make available for weekly meetings in order to ensure calendar dates and timelines are being adhered to. Advise Design and production of any possible problems that could affect lead times.
- Submit care label instructions and specifications and approve the label layouts for all products.
- A degree (or equivalent qualification) in Textile Technology or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- An excellent knowledge of the contemporary designer market and Product Development process.
- Exceptional organizational skills, a flexible approach and ability to prioritise to meet deadlines.
- The skills to manage the demands of, and work, across several Brands
- A good knowledge of garment construction methods, finishing and printing techniques and manufacturing sewing operations, including pattern making, grading and marking processes
- A working knowledge of materials, technical fabrics and functional aspects of garments
- Some experience of working with factories and an understanding of constraints and timescales is preferred
- Understands and is able to analyse in detail cost breakdowns from factories
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323 or visit our website at www.q-hq.com. You can also follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.