Ladies Knitwear Designer
We are recruiting for an experienced Knitwear Designer with a passion for true fast fashion knitwear to join a well-established supplier to a wide portfolio of UK retailers & brands. This opportunity offers in-house sampling facilities for you to see your designs develop from concept to sample!
Ladies Knitwear Designer - The Role
- You will identify and translate the must have trends for fast fashion ladies knitwear
- Liaise with customers, attend presentations as and when required
- Understand garment construction and production constraints
- Produce detailed tech packs and liaise with suppliers & factories confidently
- Develop new trims and fabrics with fads and fast fashion in mind
- Identify and update bestsellers to drive repeat business
Ladies Knitwear Designer - The Candidate
- Minimum of 2 years commercial knitwear design experience
- Design Degree level, ideally with knitwear specialism
- Good knowledge of yarns, knit gauges and structures.
- Highly creative and trend driven with a true connection to knitwear design.
- Excellent CAD skills ideally with Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced fashion environment.
- Good understanding of garment construction.
- Able to work on their own – take initiative and work as part of a team.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to – firstname.lastname@example.org
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.