Technical Manager - Knitwear
Our client is a fast paced and demanding sourcing office with global operations. They now have an opportunity for a Technical Manager to join their office in Bangladesh. Reporting to the Senior Technical Manager, you will manage a team of four Technologists.
Technical Manager - The Role:
- Be the first point of call for Quality and be able to diffuse challenges proactively
- Ensure that new directives on Safety and Quality are acknowledged and implemented
- Closely monitor the knitwear technical team to ensure they fully understand the customer’s product, safety requirements, fitting, fabric performance, sampling and production procedures, quality and safety standard on STS and Returns
- Analyze and review approved and rejected comment(s) for all sample stages and take appropriate action to ensure rectification before bulk production
- Identify key areas of concern by customer, team, order, merchandiser, supplier product quality and take necessary action to correct
- Assess effectiveness of garment pre-production meetings on an on-going basis to identify needs of training
Technical Manager - The Candidate:
- Extensive experience of working within garment buying or for a Sourcing company
- Specific yarn and spinning knowledge preferably having worked with Chinese spinners
- Experience and understanding of Knitting machines and techniques
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to establish strong relationships with the UK Technicians, the Merchandising and Development teams
- Preferably have previous experience of working with the UK Fashion Market
- Experience of managing a team and working with teams overseas and demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Sound knowledge in garment construction and technical solution specifically in Knitwear (Flat knit/Sweaters)
- The Package:
Technical Manager - The Package:
Competitive salary + benefits including accommodation, transport and regular trips to the UK.
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.