As Garment Technologist you will be responsible for ensuring the quality and fit of customer samples for brands including Topman, Amazon and Burton working from initial spec with design through to production sample for one of the UK’s largest garment manufacturers. Product categories include Men’s Suits and Tailoring, Formal Jackets and Trousers and Men’s Casual Bottoms. The role reports into the Head of Technical and works in a team of 3 and will suit an experienced, quick thinking technologist with a minimum of 4 years’ experience specialising in men’s tailoring.
- Work closely with the design team to create initial technical packs.
- Oversee fit samples and seals at all stages from first fit through to production sample.
- Check samples for measurements, quality, construction methods, fabric and labelling and set standards for factories.
- Lead and manage fit meetings with customers managing expectations to ensure costings and margins are maintained.
- Relay fit comments to factories with clear and precise instructions and diagrams if needed.
- Occasional seasonal travel to factories in Cambodia and Vietnam to assess products at Pre-production and Production AQL stage and on customer visits.
- Work cross functionally with the fabric tech team.
- Attend critical path meetings with account managers and work cross-functionally with the head office team.
- Garment Technologist with a proven track record in men’s high street tailoring.
- Proven track record in establishing and maintaining quality and fit standards with factories.
- Excellent hands on experience of the fit process through to final production sample.
- Extensive experience working across men’s formalwear and casualwear.
- A confident, enthusiastic, proactive individual with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels from factory workers to senior management.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Experience of machine, fuse and pattern processes.