Due to continuing growth, this well renowned womenswear supplier is looking for an articulate, reactive and highly organised individual to join their production department.
Working in line with your account manager and across specific retail accounts, you will be responsible for taking the products from initial concept right through to delivery- the main purposes being to deliver the product at the right price and at the right time.
Production Merchandiser- The Role:
- Managing orders using the critical path from start to finish, liaising with the factory and customer on a daily basis.
- Working with a number of different major high street retailers and tailoring your approach to each customer’s way of working.
- Reading and digesting each specific customer manual, ensuring the factory is clear on the requirements and providing support where necessary. The information will need to be condensed in to a mini manual for internal reference.
- Understanding and using customer extranet systems such as Editrack or Lima where applicable.
- Working direct with factories in the Far East– this requires constant communication via email, phone and regular video conferences.
- Attend factory visits to monitor production and factory compliances in line with retailers requirements.
- Reviewing approvals internally before submitting to the customer and chasing for comments, then issuing the approval comments to the factories / requesting any resubmissions.
- Checking and approving fit samples before passing across to the technical department for measuring.
- Navigating orders using the critical path – it is solely the merchandiser’s responsibility to ensure this document is fully updated at all times and is constantly reviewed and submits are chased accordingly.
- Lead weekly critical path meetings with the relevant account manager and tech, providing a full status update on each line.
- Working closely with the account managers highlighting any issues or problems as they occur.
- Providing administrative support to the account managers for new cost enquiries.
- Raising purchase orders and issuing to the factories, adding this information to the critical path and our internal reporting system.
- Managing the shipping process with the factories, ensuring the correct bookings are made and chasing for shipping documents.
- Compiling shipping document packs and approving for payment with our internally shipping / accounts team.
Production Merchandiser- The Person:
- Must be willing to travel to visit factories
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise where required
- Can confidently report to team on tasks and flag issues where found
- Attention to detail is key
- Can confidently work alone but equally thrives in a team
- Strong excel skills
- Very organised
- Good communication skills
- Keen to succeed and help in all situations
- Can think laterally and problem solve
- Be a self-starter
If you want to be part of this fast growing, exciting supplier then please get in touch!
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
Apply for Production Merchandiser
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly