Head of Raw Materials Innovation
Our Client, a leading global apparel manufacturer of casual, sleep and intimate wear, has a vacancy for a Head of Raw Material Innovation and Development. The role has three direct reports and reports to the General Manager
The position will be based in Colombo, Sri Lanka with international travel to trade shows and mills as required.
Excellent salary and package commensurate with the role’s responsibilities.
The individual will be responsible for the development of proprietary fabric, exclusively for the Client, in partnership with strategic fabric suppliers.
The role purely focuses around innovation and newness of fabric exclusively for the Client and the development of these unique fabrics based within target prices and in line with consumer trends and brand direction.
- Research on yarn and fabric innovations and give directions to suppliers for exclusive fabric developments.
- Negotiate target prices with knowledge of current fibre/ yarn market prices.
- Introduce new suppliers for customer price architecture and build seamless relationship with standard supplier base for company revenue goals.
- Innovate fabric technology solutions and eliminate potential risk for Brand’s selected fabrics
- Build and maintain seamless relationship with Customer’s Raw Material directors and key partners.
- Research and document fabric details, including price and care instructions etc., to ensure the accuracy of raw material information in technical packs.
- Work directly with Design, Innovation and Merchandising teams to review pre-costing and raw material costs.
- Drive fabric and garment testing process for all brands, providing support and follow up to vendors to ensure all fabrics have current test results on file.
- Attend pre market, post market and costing meetings for all brands.
Skills and Knowledge required
- A degree in Textile Technology, Textile Science or a relevant discipline
- Experience with textile technology and testing standards across established standards.
- Strong fabric development and production expertise across the designated categories
- (sleep, intimate and casual wear)
- Understanding of garment construction.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal skills, organizational skills with detailed attention to products.
- Ability to communicate and interact with all cross functional teams.
- Product Lifecycle Management experience.
- Strong general computer and excel skills.
- Excellent salary and package commensurate with the role’s responsibilities.
Apply for Head of Raw Materials Innovation
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly