Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Garment Technologist from a similar supplier background. You will be responsible for ensuring the quality and fit of samples across a mix of retailers and brands, and for one of the UK’s largest garment manufacturers. Product categories include mens’ formal tailoring, suiting and outerwear and casual wovens.
Garment Technologist - The Role:
- Attend regular meetings with sales, design & product development and customers to understand development needs and effectively put into work any new samples required.
- Attend and manage fit meetings, relay comments to customers & factories.
- Handle all submissions and approvals, lap dips, test reports.
- Produce clear and detailed technical specifications, and prepare technical packs for factories, problem solve and handle production issues.
- Ensure all technical information is kept up to date & any necessary alterations are made following sample reviews internally or by customers.
- Monitor samples through the making process using the critical path to ensure that they meet deadline dates, are to a high quality standard and meet all required specifications.
- Manage fit meetings with the customer and report fit comments back to the factories.
- Occasional travel to the offshore factories to assess products at Pre production and Production AQL stages and also customer visits.
Garment Technologist - Candidate Requirements:
- Minimum of 3years experience in similar supplier environment, within a garment technical/technologist position.
- Proven track record in establishing and maintaining quality and fit standards with factories.
- Excellent hands on experience of the fit process through to final production sample.
- Previous experience working across Men’s formal and casualwear, is desirable.
- A confident, enthusiastic, proactive individual with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels from factory workers to senior management.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Self-motivated, someone who thrives on responsibility.
- A problem solver who can work on own initiative but also a team player with a good sense of humour!
- Ability to travel both in the UK and offshore as required, covering customer meetings and factory visits.
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.