Freelance Product Developer
Our Client is a well known business in the gaming world and have a mission to bring eSports into every household. Headquartered in London, the operation spans across San Francisco, Berlin, Belgrade and Kuala Lumpur. From designing hardware gear and apparel they are dedicated to building the first globally-recognised lifestyle brand to emerge from the world of eSports. They are looking for a Product Development Freelancer to assist them.
Freelance Product Developer - The Role:
- Utilise design software to create product drawings required for technical sheet.
- Propose fabrics/accessories/artwork techniques as a feedback on given product requirements brief, having production cost on mind.
- Work with Graphic designers on Artwork, labels and hangtags development.
- Enter and maintain fabric, trim, colour and sketch information into tech sheet.
- Develop and maintain detailed tech sheet from Design hand-off to Production hand-off, all the way from Initial, PSS, Sales sample to Production tech packs.
- Ability to fit a garment and comment on required changes.
- Evaluate prototypes to assess if they are manufacturable, their usability, performance and quality.
- Review, approve and/or reject samples against specifications.
Freelance Product Developer - The Candidate:
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and Adobe Illustrator/CorelDraw
- Must have clear understanding of product development process and production
- Knowledge of production garment construction and manufacturing
- Experience working with international suppliers preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Textiles, Materials Science, Engineering, Fashion Design, or a Product Development-related field preferred.
- Experience with printing/embroidery and dyeing methods.
- At least 2 years of experience in technical development experience in the apparel industry, which includes the apparel development process from inception through production (pattern making, grading, construction, materials, costing, manufacturing and quality)
Freelance Product Developer - The Package:
- Competitive daily rate
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.