Senior Pattern Technician
A rare opportunity for a Senior Pattern Cutter (technician) to join a busy Technical team working for a global luxury brand.
The Senior Pattern Technician will be responsible for creating, grading and amending patterns from the 1st prototype stage through to Production. The ideal candidate will attend Fit meetings and support production when needed in the development process.
Senior Pattern Technician – the Job Responsibilities:
- Create Pattern Constructions and grading on assorted styles/products in the manufacturing process.
- Creating patterns from sketch or basic block
- Creating and adjusting basic blocks for a new styles and shapes
- Grading and creating size charts for assorted styles and products, respecting the grading steps and proportions
- Adjusting patterns following the designer’s and PD comments
- Attending and contributing to fit meetings
- Operating Lectra and other CAD systems
- Understanding the manufacturing process from start to finish
- Digitise paper patterns and adding the pattern information into electronic files to prepare them for manufacturing
- Checking and supporting the sample making process, ensuring quality standards and measurements guidelines are met
- Supporting the garment technicians in creating methods, size charts, trim sheets and all other necessary information required in the making process to Garment Tech in creating methods
- Creating marker patterns for all required styles for production and sample making
- Giving support in the jigs development process by providing accurate patterns to external suppliers and co-ordination of the process back to production
- Organising mock trial garments and/or other pieces required
- Maintaining the style file data base and product library including archives
- Working with different teams within Internal Manufacturing
- Continuously trying to improve performance
- Finding solutions in pattern construction to help improve the manufacturing process
Senior Pattern Technician – the Person Specification:
- Minimum of 5-8years’ experience within a similar pattern cutter or pattern technologist position (fashion apparel, preferably working with outerwear, tailoring or rainwear)
- Knowledge of working with fabrics, fusing and accessories
- Experience of using Lectra proficiently or similar software program
- An understanding of fit, movement, body proportion and anatomy
- Good eye for proportion, attention to detail and quality of garments
- Excellent attitude to learning and personal development
- Ability to work well with others and a capacity to follow instruction
- Ability to communicate well in both written and verbal forms
- Excellent skills in communication, networking and team work
- Highly motivated and keen to learn with an openness for new experiences
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.