Garment Technologist – 12 months maternity Cover
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic garment technologist to join one of Britain’s fastest growing Outdoor and Lifestyle Companies. Working as part of the Technical team within the Design department you will be in charge of your own workload as well as overseeing junior members of the team and will be an integral part of the growth of this established brand.
In this key role you will be responsible for-
- Managing and maintaining technical size charts and overall fit of the collection alongside the other Garment Technologist, across Mens, Womens and Childrenswear.
- Measuring and commenting on samples for construction, workmanship and fit from Proto sample to Shipment samples.
- Liaising directly with Far East suppliers on fit amendments, quality comments throughout all stages of development and production.
- Managing test reports, ensuring all products meet the required standards and are submitted according to our supplier manual and updating as required.
- Liaising closely with our shops, customers and returns departments analysing product return reports for QC issues in order to improve future orders and product quality.
- Managing own workload and overseeing the workload and career development of junior team members.
- When required visit tradeshows, conferences and Far East suppliers.
The ideal candidate will have –
- Ideally 3-5 years’ experience in a multi-product role, ideally with experience in the outdoor/technical apparel market.
- Skilled knowledge of Microsoft Excel and experience using Adobe Illustrator.
- Strong fitting and grading skills.
- Knowledge of industry guidelines and standards, keeping up to date on new testing and safety measures.
- A self-starter with a passion for the role and apparel industry.
- Must be confident and use initiative to make own decisions and find solutions to problems that arise within the development and production process.
- Strong team player with experience of leadership of junior team members.
- Willing to travel abroad when required.
- Full driving licence due to the location and requirements of the business.
- Expertise with QA /Compliance/Auditing would be a distinct advantage and could lead to a role within QA & Compliance at the end of the maternity cover depending on the business needs at the time.