With Brexit on the horizon we are creating a new role within our production department with responsibility for coordinating and supervising production at our European CMT factories and our in-house workroom. This is a varied role for someone who has a passion for making beautiful garments and will include designing and implementing new strategies on the one hand, troubleshooting production problems on the other and working with the rest of the design team to ensure the smooth running of projects post Brexit.
Fashionizer- Couture Uniforms is an award-winning designer and manufacturer of uniforms for luxury brands mainly in the hospitality industry. We are based in Acton West London and this role will also include some travel. This is a demanding and busy role working to ensure the quality and timely delivery of a variety of garments to high standards. (designer wear level) The ability to pay attention to detail and good time management are essential in this position as well as good communication and people skills
The role will include the responsibility for:
- All manufacturing and logistics planning.
- Communications with suppliers to ensure capacity booking and the monitoring of timely delivery.
- Coordinating with materials buyer on availability of materials
- Planning and managing in house workroom.
- Monitoring of costs and efficiencies to ensure profit margins.
- Trouble shooting production problems
- Packing materials for production
- Managing all samples
- Brexit related changes to processes and strategic planning.
- Travelling to factories to supervise production
- Quality control and management of issues.
- Documenting all information and working with ERP production database.
- Booking production in and out to customers.
- Coordinating with sales team to prioritise project critical paths.
The skills you will need to have to be able to execute your work successfully include:
- GARMENT CONSTRUCTION KNOWLEDGE (INCLUDING TAILORED GARMENTS)
- NUMERATE WITH GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF EXCEL & DATABASE SYSTEMS
- KNOWLEDGE OF GARMENT COSTING
- ABLE TO READ PATTERNS
- ORGANISED AND TIDY WITH ABILITY TO PAY ATTENTION TO DETAIL
- GOOD COMMUNICATION SKILLS – VERBAL AND WRITTEN
- ABILITY TO MULTI-TASK AND WORK UNDER PRESSURE
- EXPERIENCE IN WORKING TO A CRITICAL PATH AND SET DEADLINES.
- CONFIDENT IN WORKING INDEPENDENTLY AS WELL AS PART OF A TEAM
- GENERAL GOOD COMPUTER SKILLS WITH SOME DATABASE EXPERIENCE
Apply for Production Supervisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly