Our client is a global manufacturer and supplier of menswear to the high street. They are suppliers to Asos, Debenhams, Primark, River Island, Arcadia,M&S and several others. Due to strong growth they are seeking a talented garment technologist to join their buzzing team in central London to look after the menswear category.
Garment Technologist- menswear - The Role:.
- Take ownership of technical Critical Path for your own accounts and prepare for weekly meetings with team.
- Ensure all technical details/updates are passed over to Merchandising so that Critical Paths can be kept up to date.
- Working closely with production and merchandising teams on lab dips, approvals, supporting the sampling process
- Co –ordinate tech pack building with design team, adding all technical requirements
- Check all weights/colours/trims are correct and fall in line with standards of UK and European markets
- Develop understanding of all current/new legislation
- Attend all fit meetings & take detailed notes to feedback to factory on any fit/technical issues
- Ensure all appropriate tests are being carried out by suppliers according to retailer’s requirements.
- Be aware of all supplier manuals and technical procedures relating to your accounts through continued reference
- Educate factory counterparts on all new processes for orders with new and existing accounts – work closely with them to improve their understanding of guidelines
- Mentoring junior members of the department.
Garment Technologist- The Candidate:
- Must have strong technical knowledge of menswear ( both casual and formal)
- Must have an understanding of garment construction, production requirements and garment grading.
- Must be experienced in conducting and managing fit sessions.
- Must have solid background within a commercial, design led fashion environment.
Applicants MUST be eligible to live and work in the UK.