Menswear Designer - Woven
Are you a designer looking for a new & rewarding opportunity? Do you enjoy working as part of a creative team to achieve great results? Do you have a strong design identity and passion for menswear design?
We are now looking for a Designer – Menswear Woven to join our Head Office team.
This role will report into the Head of Menswear and is offered on a local full time, permanent contract.
What you will do
- You will work closely with the Design and Buying team.
- You will drive the assortment, develop the collection through all channels.
- You will work towards achieving the visual/design goals. Constantly evaluate and research the customer and trends.
- Work alongside the Head of Design to set the goals.
- Show a high level of awareness of current trends.
- Able to do extensive research and sketches.
- Show a wide technical knowledge and good understanding of textile and materials.
- Have a good eye for colours and detail.
- Show a strong design identity in line with the COS aesthetics.
- Coordinate the assortment planning which enhances the COS aesthetics.
- Develop and communicate visual information to all relevant functions.
- Ensure that the collection caters for all customer groups.
- Constantly monitor and react to sales trends and seek new selling opportunities.
- Communicate the department goals and results throughout the organisation as required.
We are looking for
- Certifiable textile/design qualification with a focus on menswear.
- Preferably 3 years’ previous experience as a menswear designer within woven.
- Strong team player.
- The ability to work well in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Flexible to travel.
- A clear understanding of the COS aesthetics and of the COS customer.
- You will have an eye for detail
Why choose us?
Over the last 10 years we have carefully crafted a work environment in which our employees are supported, encouraged and inspired to be the best they can be.
Our brand is creative, forward thinking and dynamic; we choose longevity over passing trends.
At COS we are committed to recruiting the very best people by offering an honest and inclusive work environment where talent is recognised, valued and appreciated.
We believe that our values and diversity play a significant role in the success of our brand.
If you are successful in your application, we will ensure you receive a full training program and you will be able to enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- 25% staff discount on all H&M Group brands.
- A generous holiday entitlement.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- A range of long service benefits.
Please note this position is offered on a local contract, therefore you should have the legal right to work in the UK.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.