Costing Assistant - Lingerie & Swimwear
This Costing Assistant role supports the development of garments from first concept to production and would appeal to someone looking to develop their understanding of the garment development & costings process from raw materials to production.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of garment construction and an understanding of the manufacturing process, and be keen to learn.
Costing Assistant – The Role
- Calculate fabric & trim usages using Lectra & Kaledo software through the development of the garment to the final production stage.
- Calculate accessory usages at various checking stages in the garments development.
- Update and maintain the Product Design Management System (PDM).
- Following the critical path, set up bulk purchasing for bill of materials, maintain and amend records and design costings.
- Work closely with the design team on costing/pricing issues
- Analyse over and under Fabric/Lace and accessory usages at the bulk production stage.
- Co-ordinate ticket amendments /extra picks for stores.
- Liaise with the Product Team, Purchasing and Accounts teams.
- Full training will be provided.
Costing Assistant – The Person Specification
- Min 6-12 months work+ practical experience within fashion & textiles.
- Understanding of garment construction & technical processes.
- A knowledge of PDM - ERP systems, or similar, would be desirable, training will be provided.
- Knowledge of Lectra or Kaledo software desirable, not essential.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize schedules and manage workload.
- Strong numerical skills. Good analytical and problem solving ability.
- Ability to focus and work to deadlines in busy periods.
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills at all levels, ensuring that both internal & external contacts are handled in a professional manner at all times.
- Competent Microsoft Office
- Self-motivated and attentive to the detail.
- Flexible approach with the ability to work as part of a team or independently as required.
Costing Assistant – The Company
- An exciting opportunity to learn and develop your career with a global brand.
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.