Baby and Childrenswear Designer
This friendly, well established Supplier/Wholesaler is looking for a Baby and Childrenswear Designer who is confident working in a fast paced environment.
Nice offices and a close knit, welcoming team await the successful candidate. You will be working across multi product garments and accessories, for tiny baby, right through to preteen clothing (0 – 13years) for boys and girlswear.
I am looking for commercially minded candidates who are happy to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in, lending a hand and to the rest of the team when needed.
Baby and Childrenswear Designer - The Role:
- Working with the Head of Department designing baby and children’s clothing and accessories for boys and girls. Age range from Tiny Baby – 13 years.
- Designing and developing the range with the Buyer and being involved in the process from initial concept to finished product.
- Designing packaging for all baby and children’s garments and accessories.
- Preparing presentations for the buyer on trends, shapes and colours for each season.
- Interpreting trends and translating them in a commercial way to suit our brands and customers.
- Working closely with overseas factories and liaising via email and telephone.
- Preparing all technical packs to be sent out to the factories.
- Checking samples and assisting the merchandiser and QC when required.
Baby and Childrenswear Designer – The Person:
- Strong CAD skills and an ability to manage a hectic workload.
- Ideally looking for a candidate with 3-5+ years’ experience.
- Must be able to use Adobe illustrator and Photoshop on a MAC.
- Must have experience designing children’s and babies clothing.
- Good understanding of fabrics and garment construction.
- Great communication skill.
- You must be very creative with a keen eye for detail.
Job Type: Full-time.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to - firstname.lastname@example.org
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
Apply for Baby and Childrenswear Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly