The Operations Manager will support digital, B2B and retail channels devising and implementing operational strategy to support international business growth and enable scalability for this exclusive luxury emporium specialising in contemporary furniture, lighting, textiles, gifts, ceramics and decorative accessories created by British artisans. The role will work closely with the senior team to define short, medium and longer term goals with immediate analysis of order fulfilment, shipping, stock management, POS, and supply chain processes proposing and implementing recommendations to achieve strong cross-channel synergy and collaboration, which translates into a seamless service customer experience whilst considering cost savings, efficiency and margin optimization.
Internal Processes & Efficiencies
- Examine and redefine internal business operations to optimise efficiency and add value.
- Ensure all business critical functions are performing accurately and to a high standard, whilst maximising sales and profits.
- Remove common logistical pain-points to free up the team’s time to focus on core aspects of their role and business critical functions.
- Ensure internal systems and processes are scalable for growth and the business expands.
- Overall responsibility for compliance of two sites including health & safety regulations, insurance cover, security, and IT infrastructure.
- Work with the Head of Ecommerce to activate data to drive deeper levels of personalisation through experience, product and content.
- Ensure delivery of a consistently high-quality product and service experience across all channels, audiences and markets working with the relent teams.
- Analyse fulfilment mechanics, (delivery partners, packaging, etc.) and identify where there are both quality and efficiency gains to be made.
Product & Product Partnerships
- Review supply chain management and where alterations in the supplier network and terms could better complement and enable the business and product partner we work with.
- Advise on where we can preemptively buy and hold stock; balancing sales projections against cash flow.
- Define the optimum level of artisan product partnerships required per quarter and ensure we are effectively representing both them and the business.
- Build a good understanding of the challenges facing product partners and how both parties can optimise working-practices to achieve business goals.
- Refine the product partner management pathways with the Head of Product and Head of Marketing.
- Ensure the secure and professional handling of high-value product in the business and by third parties.
- Scaling and translating different facets of the business into new markets and audiences.
- Assist in other expansion activities, (overseas partnerships, activations, pop-ups, wholesale).
- Ensure all systems are set up to optimise opportunities with third party partnerships linked to client acquisition.
Evaluation & Improvement
- Work with the MD to review the Company’s strategy plan and set clear performance frameworks and metrics for each Head of Department.
- Ensure department heads are reviewing and defining team actions against data accordingly.
- Operations Manager with a minimum 5 years in retail or ecommerce operations.
- Experience working in a fast paced, sales environment driving performance to reach targets with a focus on efficiency gains and margin management.
- Ability to demonstrable experience in business strategy and planning.
- Strong grasp of core business functions; IT, ecommerce, retail and data analytics with and experience in building the infrastructure to support and enable growth.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to take people on the journey with you.
- Ability to think laterally and work collaboratively with the team.
- Results focused, self-motivated and proactive with excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent standards of communication (both written and oral), going above and beyond.
- Computer savvy including G-Suite, Word, Excel.
- A passion for design and luxury contemporary product for home or business and how this comes to life in the digital sphere.