Assistant Merchandiser – Merchandising Assistant – George Clothing
Based at George home office in Lutterworth
Merchandising at George is an exciting opportunity & a great next step for your Merchandising career. It’s the chance to express your ideas, contribute as a team, be developed and make your mark in the world of fashion. Whether you’re wanting to stretch to a more experienced Assistant Merchandiser position or fine tune your skills to take you to the next level in Merchandising, ours is an opportunity worth considering. Where else can you feel supported, encouraged to take accountability and truly be heard? At George Clothing we’re a team, we collaborate, we succeed together and when that happens the results speak for themselves. So if you have strong numerical & analytical skills and you’re looking for a Merchandising role that’s more than just ‘the next move’ read on!
What you’ll be responsible for:
Right stock, right place, right time – it’s a merchandising thing! It’s all about the numbers; what you see, the decisions you take and how you impact that bottom line. As an Assistant Merchandiser/ Merchandising Assistant you’ll be managing product critical path, stock movements from suppliers to distribution centres always ensuring availability and driving the business to maximise profit in-season. Working alongside teams of experienced Merchandisers and Merchandising Managers you’ll support with:
• Co-ordination and progressing of all orders including raising supplier contracts
• Maintenance of Merchandise systems to ensure all necessary paperwork and transit requests are signed off accurately and within required deadlines
• Development of strong relationships with suppliers
• Analysis of sales data to provide recommendations for selection of future seasons
• Accurate forecasting of sales, stock turn and markdown to achieve maximum profit
• Great opportunity to manage Financial Planning System with coaching & guidance from Merchandiser
• Collaborative range planning with Assistant Buyer
• Planning of markdown activity
• Awareness of competitor activity and seasonal trends/opportunities
Key relationships: Buying, Branch Merchandising, Sourcing
Curious, analytical and commercially aware you’ll either possess a relevant degree or have gained some experience within a fashion retail, store or head office environment (buying, merchandising, allocation, supply chain, planning) and have your heart set on developing your career in Merchandising. A natural team player with great communication skills you’ll be organised (a list writer!), methodical, ambitious with a strong desire to achieve.
Key skills include:
• Ability to prioritise; managing time and workloads to achieve key deadlines
• Attention to detail with strong numerical, planning and analytical skills
• Experience with MS Office is essential (strong ability with Excel is beneficial)
• Good working relationships with the buying team, to grow the departments
Your benefits: You’ll receive an excellent benefits package which includes colleague discount off your shopping, share save scheme & competitive pension. We also like to share our success; after all you made it happen, so every eligible colleague is also part of the Asda bonus scheme. The development opportunities are endless and we’ll support you every step of the way to help further your career.