Business Development Manager - UK South East
Home Based covering: Greater London & South East, South Midlands
Seeking to recruit an experienced Business Development Manager with a proven apparel background who shares a passion for Baby & Childrenswear. Our client is a rapidly growing organic and ethical clothing brand, which was included in The Sunday Times ‘One to Watch’ To identify new business development opportunities that are in line with the company’s growth aspirations and nurture existing accounts to achieve their full potential.
Business Development Manager - (Baby & Childrenswear) – The Job Outline:
- Prospect and develop new business opportunities with key retailers within your territory and turn this into increased business.
- Develop, maintain and grow long term relationships with high potential customers and existing accounts with a focus on both financial gain and customer satisfaction.
- Respond to, and follow up, sales enquiries using appropriate methods in a timely manner.
- Attend trade shows, run “pop-up” show rooms, customer events and visit customers in their retail environment.
- Maintain accurate customer prospect and sales activity within the central sales database.
- Develop business plans for each account, with SMART objectives and budgets set against each customer.
- Prepare and analyse your sales data to ensure that sales efforts are targeted to maximum effect.
- Feedback customer comments to the design department contributing to further improvement of the Frugi product and offering.
- Contribute ideas for the marketing team such as POS, incentives and improvements to our marketing literature to help support our retail community develop and promote their businesses further.
- Ensure that the pre- season sales target for your territory is reached by great planning before the high sales intensity periods of the year.
- Identify key accounts with growth potential within your territory and work with marketing to organise events, bespoke POS and VM/product training.
- Monitor “in season” reserves of stock and drive top-up orders from appropriate retailers
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators to increase sales with existing clients and recruit new business.
- Home based with extensive travel visiting at least two customers every day during the pre-order selling period and in-season to drive re-orders.
Business Development Manager - (Baby & Childrenswear) – The Person Specification:
- An experienced Business Development Manager, who is passionate about product and proven in selling into the Independents, store groups.
- Previous experience working a similar Area Sales or Business Development Manager role within fashion or textiles. Looking for someone with previous childrenswear or kids apparel experience and shares our passion for creative product.
- Highly organised, attentive to detail with excellent communication skills (written & oral)
- An ability to establish strong working relationships
- Good team player, proactive, methodical and organised with strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Strong numerical ability
- Ability to work unsupervised in an accurate and timely manner with attention to detail and within critical deadlines
- Must have experience of a field based sales role and able to travel extensively within the UK.
- Must hold a full and current driving license
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.