With a background in retail Merchandising you will be experienced in analysing sales, option planning and managing stock movements to maximise potential sales. Analysing large quantities of data and be able to share the deep insights you have gained with the team to identify opportunities and maximise sales.
You will be responsible for collating relevant data and analysing the information to advise the business on range planning, forecasting and buys and our trade partners, new markets and ecommerce on potentialising sales, budget and stock optimisation.
Merchandiser – The Job Outline:
- Build a range proposal through analysis of current and historical data.
- Have an understanding of future trends, business direction and promotional activities to propose growth opportunities.
- Analyse trading through the season against budget, identifying areas of opportunity or de-risk where necessary.
- Able to communicate clearly, work through multiple options and build evidence to justify proposals.
- Draw together analysis and data from trade and direct to consumer sales to produce a core option plan taking into account an offering of newness
- Create accurate forecast requirements for short and long term.
- Review buys by customer to ensure that budgets and sales targets are met.
- Work collaboratively with the Sales team to give guidance on sales performance identify areas of opportunity or de-risk if necessary.
- Monitor and optimise the allocation of stocks.
- Manage, develop and lead a team to meet business and individual objectives.
Merchandiser – The Person Specification - Essential skills:
- Previous experience within a similar retail merchandising position, in Head Office environment). We are open to applicants from experienced Assistant Merchandiser, or Junior Merchandiser level who are looking to step up. Please note this is not visual merchandising.
- Experience merchandising in fashion/apparel would be advantageous but not essential.
- Highly experienced in MS Excel with solid knowledge of advanced functions and the ability to manipulate and analyse large volumes of data.
- The ability to analyse data to gain deep insights and make key recommendations and proposals appropriate to business needs.
- Proven experience in building option plans and able to demonstrate the success of future projections.
- Knowledge of databases and report building.
- Preferably experienced in a similar merchandise focused role.
- Proven experience supervising or managing a team.
- Knowledge of, or experience in the apparel industry would be highly beneficial.
- Excellent communicator in the spoken and written word, with accuracy and great attention to detail.
- Highly capable with numerical tasks.
- Super organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Computer literacy essential.
These are exciting times to be joining an expanding, bestselling lifestyle brand, looking to recruit an experienced Merchandiser.
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.